CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2017 RED AWARDS WINNERS
The Red Awards, run annually by the Retail Interiors Association, exists to promote excellence in retail design and to recognise the contribution of designers, shopfitters and suppliers to the retail industry.
The emphasis placed on meeting the needs of the target market and on creating a point of difference within today’s competitive retail sector, irrespective of the budget expended, is an important measurement for the Awards.
The Red Awards also exist to promote the Retail Interiors Association, its members, its sponsors, and the retailers who have chosen to work with designers, shopfitters and suppliers.
Entrants stand to gain the acclaim of the shopfitting, architectural, and design industries, an award in recognition of their achievement, along with nationwide publicity.
With the promotion of the Retail Interiors Association website, www.nzria.co.nz winning entries will remain part of our archive, with full contact details available.
Winners are selected in each of the 13 divisions. Which are grouped in 5 Groups.
Division Award winners will then go on to compete to win their Group Award.
A separate award for work produced overseas by New Zealand based Designers & Shopfitters.
The Supreme Award winner will be chosen from the 5 Group winners.
- Excellence Awards
- Judging Criteria
- Entry Fee
- Upload Requirements
Excellence Awards are decided by the judges to celebrate the submissions that best demonstrate the following design elements:
- Colour and Texture
- Signage and Graphics
- Brand Implementation
- Visual Merchandising
- Digital Integration
- Sustainability (new 2017)
1. FOOD + DRINK
- Bars, Nightclubs, Restaurants division
- Foodcourt, Day Cafés, Gourmet Food division
- Grocery & Convenience Stores division
2. ENTERTAINMENT + SERVICE
- Entertainment, Amusement, Sports & Recreation division
- Service (Finance, Travel, Medical, Real Estate division)
- Gifts (toys, books, music, audio visual, art) division
3. FASHION + HEALTH
- Apparel division
- Accessories (Eyewear, Jewellery, Hair, Footwear) division
- Health & Beauty (Hair, Pharmacy, Nails, Spa) division
4. HOME + ELECTRONICs
- Appliances, Electronic, Telecommunications & Digital division
- Furniture, Furnishing, Lighting, Power Tools, Hardware, Garden and Building division
5. POP UP + EVENTS
- Pop up and Temporary Store division
- Trade Show, Events and Exhibition division
Judges will score entries out of 100 points.
1. Entries will score up to 20 points for:
- Overall Concept / Experience
2. Entries will score up to 10 points for the following criteria:
- Impact of shop front, signage and graphics
- Fitout quality and complexity
- Space planning / customer flow
- Ambience (Lighting, Colour, Flooring)
- Brand Integration
- Merchandising and display / Joinery
- Response Relative to Brief and Budget
3. Judges will have final say over all aspects of the competition. No further correspondence or discussion will be entered into and the entrant accepts the judges’ decision as final and binding.
4. The Convenor Reserves the right to relocate an entry from one division to another if they deem it necessary
5. Where there is a likelihood of conflict of interest in the judging procedure, then that judge will step down from evaluating that entry.
6. All entries are open to site visits where the panel deems it necessary.
7. The judges will consider the winners of each group for the Red Supreme Award.
8. All entries will be assessed from entrants’ submissions via the website followed by a preliminary judging session. Following this, finalists will be chosen and judges may visit each finalist before meeting again to decide on the winners.
9. The judging panel have been selected by the Retail Interiors Association executive board on the basis of their expertise and experience with retail design and shopfitting.
- Members: $200 + GST unlimited entries
- Non-Members: $400 + GST unlimited entries
- Upon completion and submission of your entry an invoice will be generated and posted out to you.
You will be asked to upload six clear photographs measuring at at least 1200 pixels wide by 1200 pixels high
- One image of the shop front, which should include signage and graphics and the design impact (from standing outside the store).
- Two overall shots of the interior standing at the entrance: these shots will include lighting qualities, ambiance and visual impact (colours, finishes, graphics and merchandising).
- Three close up/detail shots of fixtures and joinery and/or other elements that the designer feels are critical components of the design (CAD images depicting completed project will not be accepted).
- To include more detailed images you may use one of your six photos as a montage shot
A typed explanation (up to 300 words) of the project, explaining the client’s brief, budget, floor area and tangible effects/results.
A pdf version of the Floor plan showing overall concept and space planning.
Please note: The administrator reserves the right to use submitted images for the Retail Interiors Association website and the Red Awards including the awards presentation events, and other ongoing publicity purposes.
Important: Entries/projects must be authentic and have been completed between 1st June 2016 – 1st July 2017 and must not have been submitted into previous year’s Red Awards.
Entries close 5pm, Friday 7 July 2017.
Failure to comply with the conditions set out above will result in disqualification at the discretion of the convenor.