There are six groups available for entry in the RED awards, each representing different sectors of the retail industry:
Food & Beverage
Fashion & Accessories
Health & Beauty
Within each group, the judges will select one winner who will proceed as a finalist for the Supreme Award. Additionally, the judges will also award Merit awards to outstanding entries within each group, showcasing exceptional design and innovation.
The Supreme Award winner is the highest honour among the six group winners.
This accolade is given to the project which demonstrates excellence within their respective category or group.
By receiving this award, the Supreme Award winner distinguishes themselves as the top performer, embodying retail excellence.
We aim to highlight and reward projects that have successfully implemented sustainable initiatives. We encourage participants to embrace regenerative practices in materials and design ideas to achieve a more sustainable and environmentally-friendly retail interiors industry.
Awarded in recognition to projects that have demonstrated exceptional creativity and effectiveness in enhancing the customer experience.
This could be showcased through cutting-edge technologies, implemented personalised shopping experiences, or created unique ways to engage customers.
The RED Star Award is a prestigious recognition that honors the remarkable contributions of individuals aged 30 and under in their respective industries. This award celebrates the importance of diversity, innovation, and fresh perspectives in driving positive change and growth. It provides young professionals, entrepreneurs, artists, and leaders with a platform to showcase their achievements and inspire others.
If you or someone you know fits the criteria for the RED Star Award, we highly recommend submitting a nomination.
It's a wonderful opportunity to acknowledge the exceptional work of the next generation and highlight their valuable contributions to their fields.
Let's come together to celebrate the brilliance and impact of these young individuals.
1. FOOD & BEVERAGE
3. FASHION + ACCESSORIES
6. SPECIALTY RETAIL
Excellence Awards are decided by the judges and awarded by the sponsors to celebrate the submissions that best demonstrate the following design elements:
Judges will score entries out of 100 points.
3. Judges will have final say over all aspects of the competition. No further correspondence or discussion will be entered into and the entrant accepts the judges’ decision as final and binding.
4. The Convenor Reserves the right to relocate an entry from one division to another if they deem it necessary
5. Where there is a likelihood of conflict of interest in the judging procedure, then that judge will step down from evaluating that entry.
6. All entries are open to site visits where the panel deems it necessary.
7. The judges will consider the winners of each group for the Red Supreme Award.
8. All entries will be assessed from entrants’ submissions via the website followed by a preliminary judging session. Following this, finalists will be chosen and judges may visit each finalist before meeting again to decide on the winners.
9. The judging panel have been selected by the Retail Interiors Association executive board on the basis of their expertise and experience with retail design and shopfitting.
You will be asked to upload six - ten clear photographs measuring at at least 1200 pixels wide by 1200 pixels high. It is recommended that you include at least one image per visual component of the judging criteria.
A typed explanation (up to 700 words) of the project, explaining the client’s brief, budget, floor area and tangible effects/results.
A pdf version of the Floor plan showing overall concept and space planning.
Please note: The administrator reserves the right to use submitted images for the Retail Interiors Association website and the Red Awards including the awards presentation events, and other ongoing publicity purposes.
Important: Entries/projects must be authentic and have been completed between 1st October 2022 – 14th September 2023 and must not have been submitted into previous year’s RED Awards.
Entries open August 16th 2023 and close 5pm Thursday 14th September 2023 - Late entries 18th September 2023
Failure to comply with the conditions set out above will result in disqualification at the discretion of the convenor.